Friday 28 June 2013

Friend or foe?



What an intriguing question.  I think I'd like who I am now more than who I was in the past.  I think that, once hearing my back story, I would respect how I have faced these trials and come through stronger.  Where it would have been easy to wallow in self pity and let myself become a victim of so many things, I have faced my fears and learned lessons from these times. 

I like the fact that I have acknowledged certain flaws in my personality, traits I wasn't proud of, and have worked hard to counter those with love and honesty instead.  I have been a liar, a cheat, a gossip, fickle, hurtful, materialistic, needy, two-faced and vain.  For every one of those flaws I could write a blog post and the lesson I learned when I was brought back down to earth with a heavy bang!  I was also a lot younger then, but that is no adequate excuse, because not every young person behaves like that!   I accept responsibility for my actions, and I have to give myself credit for not turning into a lying, cheating, gossiping, hurtful, fickle, materialistic, needy, vain and two-faced adult.  I don't think she would have been getting invited over for coffee any time soon.   By anyone, not just me!

I'm not perfect by a long shot, I really am a work in progress.  Full of neurotic thoughts, and doubts, and fears, and I need to grow a thicker skin - but I've learned my lesson over the years that the view of any situation is clearer and fairer from up there on the fence, than it is up there on the soapbox.

So, would you like you, if you met you?