Saturday 6 July 2013

101 random questions

Some of the issues I've blogged about have been a little heavy, so I thought I'd break it up a little by letting you know a bit about me, I'm not a complete misery.  I do actually have a wonderfully bizarre, funny and completely random life. 

1. How old will you be in five years?
Thanks for starting off with such a cheery question.  Five years older than I am now.

2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today?
My husband.

3. How tall are you?
5 foot 1, I think

4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks?
Holiday!  And getting some camping in with family and friends - beer, wine, burgers and no phone signal! 

5. What’s the last movie you saw?
Erm... Epic.

6. Who was the last person you called?
My friend.  On the 25th June.  I am terrible.

7. Who was the last person to call you?
Hubby.

8. What was the last text message you received?
From my friend M about coming down to stay for my birthday next year! 

9. Who was the last person to leave you a voice mail?
I don't use voice mail

10. Do you prefer to call or text?
Text.

11. What were you doing at 12am last night?
Snoring!

12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced?
Married.

13. When is the last time you saw your mom?
Yesterday

14. What color are your eyes?
Brown

15. What time did you wake up today?
7 am.

16. What are you wearing right now?
Black gypsy skirt and a sun top

17. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Dean Martin 'Let it Snow'

18. Where is your favorite place to be?
Home

19. Where is your least favorite place to be?
Anywhere where I'm going to have a needle stuck in me.

20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere?
New York, Seattle, Washington and New England.

21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years?
Still here, God willing!

22. Do you tan or burn?
Burn then turn tan.

23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Nothing. I didn't encounter fear at night until I was a little older. 

24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh?
A conversation with my husband and one of my closest friends yesterday, sat outside on the patio.  And no, I'm not divulging the contents. We'll just say for once, I made him cringe by giving too much information out and not vice versa!

25. Wine or beer?
Or?  Is there a shortage?  Red wine or Bud.

26. How big is your bed?
Double.

27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer?
Desktop.

28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
Without...

29. What color are your sheets?
Black.

30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
3 pillows, all feather.

31. What is your favorite season?
Autumn going into Winter.  The period from Halloween until New Years.

32. What do you like about Autumn?
Feeling justified in cooking homemade soups and stews with dumplings, and kissing goodbye to salad.

33. What do you like about Winter?
Christmas :-)

34. What do you like about the Summer?
Camping, barbecues, holidays...

35. What do you like about Spring?
Not much.

36. How many States provinces have you lived in?
None.

37. What cities/towns have you lived in?
Two, my home town for 31 years of my life, with a 6 and a half year hiatus in a large city, which I detested.

38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet?
Bare feet, I don't wear socks ever.

39. Are you a social person?
No.  Not any more. I suppose you could say I'm selectively social.  I have wonderful close friends that I trust.  I am social with them.  But not just for the sake of it, and with just anyone.

40. What was the last thing you ate?
Bacon, onion and mayonnaise baguette.

41. What is your favorite restaurant?
It used to be where I worked :-(  Now, it's a restaurant we eat out at on holiday, lovely food, great service and reasonably priced.  Which is a plus when your children can pack away as much food as a grown man.

42. What is your favorite ice cream?
Blackcurrant or coffee.

43. What is your favorite dessert?
Either my Sticky Toffee Pudding or Lemon Drizzle cake.

44. What is your favorite kind of soup?
Anything homemade, as long as it's not from a tin.

45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich?
Never tried it but I like peanut butter on toast.

46. Do you like Chinese food?
Oh yes.

47. Do you like coffee?
Too much.

48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average?
A lot, I take it with my pain medication through the day, and I always have a glass by the sink ready to take a drink.  One good habit I have!

49. What do you drink in the morning?
Coffee.  Don't speak to me until I've had a mug.

50. What non-banking related card in your wallet is the most valuable to you?
None of them really, they're all replaceable. 

51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
Yes, I had to change sides after leaving my first marriage, on one occasion while pregnant I had to sleep on my 'old' side of the bed, I woke up in a blind panic in the dark with my poor husband next to me, I'd had a nightmare, being conscious of someone to my right after so long, I thought I was back there again.  It was horrible.  I'd sleep on the floor now, rather than on that side of the bed.

52. Do you know how to play poker?
Not a clue.  No interest whatsoever.

53. Do you like to cuddle?
Yeah!

54. Have you ever been to Canada?
No but I have wonderful friends over there.

55. Do you have an addictive personality?
Oh yes.

56. Do you eat out or at home more often?
Home.

57. What do you miss about high school, if anything?
My looks, figure and confidence I had back then.  Even if that confidence was mainly faked, at least I had the courage to pull it off back then.  

58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you?
Yes, I have a birthday twin.

59. Do you want kids?
I have lots.  I'd love more but have no room for them.  And time is ticking by...

60. Do you speak any other languages?
Yes, one other.

61. Have you ever gotten stitches?
Yes, after a C Section and my first normal birth.  Ouch.

62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, when my 2 year old became critically ill, which was awful, watching him have seizures before he fell into a coma.  Thankfully he made a full recovery but it was touch and go for what felt like an eternity.

63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool?
Neither, can't swim.

64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat?
Who cares, the seat is the most important thing!

65. Do you know how to drive stick?
I don't know how to drive.

66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on?
Oh, I don't know, I'm not a shopper, I'm not bothered about clothes or shoes or jewellery or bags (my husband loves me!).  I love perfume but I get that on special occasions.  I am partial to decent wine though?

67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
My wedding, engagement and eternity rings and another ring my husband bought me one Christmas.

68. What is your favorite TV show?
I can't choose between The Shield and Homeland.

69. Can you roll your tongue?
Yep.

70. Who is the funniest person you know?
My husband, without a doubt.  He makes me cry laughing.

71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals?
No.  Although hubby did buy me a Pillow Pet, because the kids all had one and he didn't want me to feel left out.  Bless.

72. What is the main ring tone on your phone?
Champagne Lemonade

73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little?
My mother may have, I don't.

74. What red object is closest to you right now?
A heart shaped gift box.

75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes, and it makes me so cross when people leave it on!

76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed.

77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees?
Neither, thanks!

78. Do you flirt a lot?
Only with my husband.

79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
Garlic Mayo and hot pepper sauce, the hotter - the better.

80. What is your favorite food?
Depends on the season.  At the moment it's chicken breast or pulled pork cooked with hot spices, on tortillas with salad, homemade coleslaw and hot pepper sauce.  If anyone knew how many bottles of different hot sauces I have, they'd think I was mad. 

81. Can you change the oil on a car?
No but I can change it in a deep fryer.

82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket?
No

83. Have you ever run out of gas?
No, but my husband prays every night that this will happen one day.

84. What is your usual bedtime?
Anything from 7pm to 1am, depending on how tired I am or how good the book is.

85. What was the last book you read?
Diane Chamberlain - Breaking the Silence.

86. Do you read the newspaper?
No, nor do I watch the news.  I made an active choice not to do this a few years ago.  Some stories are too big to pass you by completely though.

87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
No.

89. Do you watch soap operas?
No.

90. Do you dance in the car?
I sing...?

91. What radio station did you last listen to?
Probably Heart FM.

92. Who is in the picture closest to you?
My childhood best friend who died of cancer in 2010

93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper?
Shopping list for hubby

94. What are your best personality traits?
Honesty.   Loyalty.

95. What are your worst personality traits?
Honesty.  Lack of self-confidence.  Fear of ... everything.

96.  Biggest bug bears?
Liars.  Spitting.  Dog owners who don't pick up.  

97. What is your favorite board game?
LOGO.

98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school?
My nice PE teacher, even though I didn't like the subject.  The nasty PE teacher suggested I ask my mother to have me referred to a gynaecologist as apparently I'd been on my period for three weeks out of the last four.  Seemingly, I didn't put too much thought into the reasons I gave when I faked the notes excusing me...

99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent?
Four days.  Now we have adequate cold storage, I could probably go a week :-)

100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you?
Define 'extra special'?  My husband says or does something small every day to make me feel special.  Is one extra special gesture worth more than constant small ones? 

101.  Are you religious?
Hmmmmm.  I believe in a tolerant God who made us all equal and who made us all as we were meant to be.  So I can't find any affinity with any religion that practices intolerance towards anyone because of their creed, colour, sexuality - or any other reason.  Treat everyone as you would like to be treated.  There's many messages in the Bible that if we all practiced, would make this world a nicer place for everyone, whether you believe in God or not.  I suppose you could say I'm more spiritual than religious.  I believe that the wheel turns, so be very careful how you treat people.